Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda Training Offered in 2014 by the California College of Ayurveda in Val Morin, Canada
5:05 (GMT) - 23.04.2014
A group of talented Yoga teachers and students of Ayurveda Medicine will meet August 2014 in Canada to participate in a twelve-day, residential training program offered by Dr. Marc Halpern, director of the California College of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the healing side of Yoga and Yoga is the spiritual side of Ayurveda, this course is a personal journey within to create a lifestyle that leads to ...
Birthday Girl Yana Gupta: From Czechoslovakia to Bollywood, With Love
23:47 (GMT) - 22.04.2014
Czech beauty Yana Gupta is a certified Bollywood import. Yana Gupta, born as Yaana, was a spiritual soul. It was in Pune, at the Osho Meditation centre, where she met her future husband, Satyakam Gupta.
A travel guide to wellness: New Bainbridge yoga center offers community and variety of healing practices
17:35 (GMT) - 22.04.2014
Students stretch before Dayaalu’s Saturday Sound Flow class, in which participants practice yoga and meditation in synchronicity with the vibrations of live music.
READER SUBMITTED: Duncaster's Mind, Body And Spirit Programs Get A Lift: Grant From Harlow Savage Fund
11:26 (GMT) - 22.04.2014
Duncaster will launch a significant, year-long mind, body and spirit initiative funded by a new grant from the Harlow D. Savage Jr. Fund for $60,000. Duncaster will use this funding to bring exciting new technology and programming to the community's ongoing programs in these areas as part of its year-long 30th Anniversary Celebration. Mr. Savage and his wife were residents of Duncaster.
Ayurveda Body Treatments Course Offered at Sivananda Yoga Farm in California
5:29 (GMT) - 22.04.2014
The program is offered starting September 19th, 2014. Ayurveda is the ancient healing science from India, the medicinal side of Yoga. (PRWeb April 22, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/yoga-ayurveda-orlando/florida-courses-ca/prweb11779013.htm
Ayurvedic Massage Rejuvenation Retreat Offered in The Sivananda Yoga Farm in California
3:47 (GMT) - 21.04.2014
Program will take place on Friday, May 9—Sunday, May 11, 2014. (PRWeb April 21, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/yoga-massage-ayurveda/abhyanga-retreat-course/prweb11769789.htm
New Essential Oil Blend Inspired by Bestselling Author Ilchi Lee’s Latest Book
7:27 (GMT) - 3.04.2014
A new aromatherapy essential oil blend inspired by the latest book by New York Times bestselling author Ilchi Lee titled “Bird of the Soul” is designed to enhance your meditation and awaken the spirit within. (PRWeb April 03, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014-ilchi-lee-books/04-aromatherapy-oil/prweb11731717.htm
YogaFit For Warriors To Be First Yoga Program Approved By GI Bill And MyCAA
19:20 (GMT) - 2.04.2014
YogaFit® Training Systems Worldwide is proud to announce that the YogaFit® for Warriors is the only yoga training program in the country that has been approved by the GI Bill and Military Spouse Career Advancement Program (MyCAA). Military members and spouses will now be eligible to receive financial assistance to participate in YogaFit® for Warriors trainings and seminars. (PRWeb April 02, 2014 ...
The New Face of Detox in Canaan
6:20 (GMT) - 30.03.2014
The yoga room at the Mountainside treatment center in Canaan. Photo by Kathryn Boughton. A small group of young women laid silently on reclining chairs, listening to Asian meditation music.
Ivy Child International Hosts First Ever New England Mindful Kids Yogathon
3:13 (GMT) - 27.03.2014
Ivy Child International, a non-profit in Worcester, MA is pleased to announce the first New England’s Mindful Kids Yogathon on April 5 - a first of its kind event that focuses on teaching children how to cope with challenging situations through yoga, mindfulness, meditation, and multicultural education workshops. (PRWeb March 27, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases ...
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- Don't be afraid
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eighteen - Union
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eleven - Use
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fifteen - Masters
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fourteen - Mediums and Mediators
- The Simple Things
- The power of forgiveness
- 43 natural highs in life .. can you add more?
- Feeling Betrayed
- The Impersonal Life - Chapter Five - The Key
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Four - Consciousness, Intelligence, Will
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Nine - The Garden of Eden
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seven - The Word