Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Yoga for Your Life
0:26 (GMT) - 15.03.2014
Yoga can help you take care of yourself! It is different from other kinds of exercise in that it emphasizes your individual performance. Yoga can help you discover the peace and quiet available within yourself, thus giving you inner health as well as physical strength.
Russell Simmons: Meditation in Chicago schools will help curb violence
17:05 (GMT) - 10.03.2014
Hip-Hop mogul Russell Simmons has called out Mayor Rahm Emanuel. He said that yoga or meditation should be taught in Chicago Public Schools to calm students down and help fight crime.
Curso Medicina Ayurveda en Canada (Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda) Training Offered in 2014 in Canada by Escuela de Ayurveda
3:01 (GMT) - 5.03.2014
A group of talented Yoga teachers and students of Ayurveda Medicine will meet August 2014 in Canada to participate in a twelve-day, residential training program offered by Dr. Marc Halpern, director of the California College of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the healing side of Yoga and Yoga is the spiritual side of Ayurveda, this course is a personal journey within to create a lifestyle that leads to ...
Inner Strength Pilates: News on the Similar Health Benefits of Pilates and Yoga
14:19 (GMT) - 3.03.2014
Is Pilates better for health than Yoga or vice versa, or do they overlap? In her latest news post Pilates coach Tamara Gollan points out how both are beneficial to health. (PRWeb March 03, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11627116.htm
Enroll In the Third Admission Program of Sidhi Yoga Training Academy to Become a Professional Yoga Master
23:48 (GMT) - 2.03.2014
There is a piece of good news for all those people out there who are willing to acquire professional training for being a successful yoga teacher. Mahindra Prasad and Madhur Rajpal’s Siddhi Yoga Academy is all set to begin its third intake of this year from the 3rd of April. (PRWeb March 02, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11632192.htm
Yoga Aids the Grieving Process, Transforms Grief into Growth
2:36 (GMT) - 26.02.2014
Integrated Health Yoga Therapy ( http://www.ihyt.org/ ) faculty member Antonio Sausys’s first book Yoga for Grief Relief: Simple Practices for Transforming Your Grieving Mind and Body (New Harbinger Publications, June 1 2014) conducts an evidence-based yet deeply personal exploration of grief, then draws from his own trail-blazing work in yoga therapy to offer a step-by-step, illustrated guide ...
The Secrets of Tantric Meditation – Introduction to the Path of Bliss – Stockholm
14:17 (GMT) - 25.02.2014
This week, on 26th feb, I will keep a lecture about tantric meditation in Stockholm. Meditation has been defined as “the state that appears whenever the flow of attention, which is oriented towards the target of concentration, becomes uninterrupted”.
Observing the 3rd Anniversary of the Passing of H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi
8:00 (GMT) - 23.02.2014
On Feb 23, 2014, people around the world will gather to honour the life of Her Holiness Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi on the third anniversary of her passing. Shri Mataji, as she was commonly known, was an ...
Number of yoga, Pilates studios increases on the island
23:15 (GMT) - 22.02.2014
The hot trend toward yoga and Pilates has exploded in Palm Beach. At least six studios are beckoning residents to tone up and breathe in the moment. Three of them, alone, are in Royal Poinciana Plaza. From fresh-pressed juices to body rolling to power vinyasa and more, these businesses offer a spalike atmosphere where residents can get professional, personal lessons that can lead to greater ...
Becoming a Yoga Instructor Course Offered by the Sivananda Yoga Retreat in the Bahamas in May 2014
21:19 (GMT) - 18.02.2014
The Yoga training program will be offered in May 1, 2014 in Paradise Island. In this program, students will learn how to become Yoga teachers in a course that is uniquely designed to provide a firm foundation from which the student will be able to teach others both intuitively and confidently. (PRWeb February 18, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/becoming-yoga-teacher ...
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- Don't be afraid
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eighteen - Union
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eleven - Use
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fifteen - Masters
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fourteen - Mediums and Mediators
- The Simple Things
- The power of forgiveness
- 43 natural highs in life .. can you add more?
- Feeling Betrayed
- The Impersonal Life - Chapter Five - The Key
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Four - Consciousness, Intelligence, Will
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Nine - The Garden of Eden
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seven - The Word