Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Innovative New Branch of Integrated Health Yoga Therapy: Holistic Health Consultant Certification
Integrated Health Yoga Therapy has developed a new 180 Hours Holistic Health Consultant Certification for those called to a healing vocation and seeking a deeper, subtler understanding of health and healing, as well as those already employed in the health care industry but eager to expand and diversify their approach to health and healing. (PRWeb December 19, 2014) Read the full story at http ...
ZoomerMedia Limited Announces Results for the Fourteen Months Ended August 31, 2014
ZoomerMedia Limited , the leader in serving the interests of the 45+ "Zoomer" market in Canada, today announced it's financial results for the fourteen months ended August 31, 2014. The fourteen ...
Rachael Oakes-Ash gets the first seven-day treatment from New Zealand's new intensive hiking and health retreat and lives to breathe another day, just.
Heartwood Foundation Women & Cancer Program Announces Opportunity to Double Gifts
The Heartwood Foundation Women and Cancer Program, an affiliation of Heartwood Center for Body Mind Spirit, is announcing an opportunity to double the financial gifts it receives. An anonymous donor has committed to match all year-end donations dollar for dollar up to $10,000. (PRWeb December 17, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/12/prweb12397376.htm
Grammy-Nominee Paul Avgerinos Shares Messages of Love and Devotion, Garners Grammy® Nomination for BHAKTI
Paul Avgerinos and an impressive array of global artists celebrate the spirit of love and devotion with BHAKTI, the artist’s 21st album, bridging East and West, Christian and Hindu, offering uplifting new music with a message. Recording Academy members supported the popular album with a Grammy® nomination for Best New Age Album in the 57th Grammy Awards. (PRWeb December 12, 2014) Read the full ...
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar speaks to Arianna Huffington
Praising the government's decision to have a ministry for yoga, Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar told Arianna Huffington, editorin-chief of The Huffington Post, that while India has a health ministry, traditional systems tend to get ignored in present scenario.
Mii amo spa and Sedona offer heavenly peace for a spiritual reboot
Everyone can relate to wanting more balance in life. The popularity of juicing, of yoga, of meditation and the spin-lightening chain SoulCycle? Just the latest evidence that many of us continue to seek a certain equilibrium.
New project helps meet high demand for Jewish-infused yoga in Bay Area
Enjoy your sun salutations with a side of Torah? With many Bay Area synagogues and JCCs now offering programs that bring a Jewish twist to mind-body practices, it turns out there aren’t enough Jewish-infused yoga teachers to go around.
Give Back Yoga Foundation and Sedona Yoga Festival to Offer Groundbreaking Trauma-Sensitive Yoga and Resiliency ...
The Sedona Yoga Festival and the Give Back Yoga Foundation (GBYF) are proud to present “SYF Gives Back: Trauma-Sensitive Yoga and Resiliency Training to Benefit First Responders and Emergency Personnel” on February 4 - 6, 2015 in Sedona, AZ. (PRWeb December 04, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/GiveBackYogaFoundation/SedonaYogaFestival/prweb12371454.htm
Become a Registered Yoga Teacher in Kerala in January 2015
Rishikul Yogshala is proud to announce the commencement of 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, approved by Yoga Alliance, USA in Kerala in 2015 (PRWeb November 20, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/11/prweb12331007.htm