Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Heartwood Center Hosts Fundraiser and Dance Performance by Reveries for the Heartwood Foundation Women & Cancer Program
Heartwood Center for Body Mind Spirit will host a fundraiser and dance performance entitled “Happiness Is…” by Reveries In Motion in the recently renovated Skylight Room to benefit its affiliate Heartwood Foundation Women and Cancer Program on April 25 and 26, beginning at 7:00pm both evenings. Heartwood encourages the community of Evanston and surrounding areas to attend and invite their family ...
D.C. community calendar, March 26-April 1, 2015
Environmental Film Festival, Cherry Blossom Festival, Easter egg hunts, live music, dancing.
Celebs share love of yoga
When Jennifer Aniston gifted Oprah Winfrey a yoga mat in 2011 in front of millions of TV viewers, it signalled the growing fascination for the esoteric Indian discipline that harmonises mind, body, and breath. Not only have yoga classes become the hottest fitness trend since pilates, but Madonna, Sting, Matthew McConaughey, Gisele Bündchen and other celebrities have helped turn what used to be a ...
Fifty Shades of Grey film-maker Sam Taylor-Johnson's childhood
Fifty shades film-maker Sam Taylor-Johnson's colourful childhood has been laid bare in her mother Geraldine's bizarre new memoir (pictured together).
Simple Book Reader
Reading nirvana for your iPad. Dozens of books to lift up the seeking soul. Collections chosen from the best philosophy, yoga, meditation,...
The rise of Yoga Mosaics | Kitsap Week
Port Orchard woman turns meditative art into mosaic business.
Yoga workshop to help welcome the spring season
As the snow begins to melt, the spring season awakens. And with that change, comes new transitions throughout daily life. “Spring is all about awakening and celebrating life, rebirth and coming out of winter,” said Talaya Thomas, local yoga and Pilates instructor and organizer. What: Spring Awakening When: 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, March 22 Where: Rowse Studio, 41300 Routt County Road 36 Cost: $36 ...
The Retreat at Altos del Monte: a New Boutique Luxury Wellness Resort is Set to Open Spring 2015
ATENAS, Costa Rica, March 18, 2015 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Retreat at Altos del Monte (theretreatcostarica.com), a luxury 11-room boutique hotel, spa and yoga retreat is set to open March 18, 2015. It is the newest health and wellness property owned by Diana Stobo, celebrity Superfood specialist and wellness coach. Located in Altos del Monte de Atenas, a town named the "One of the best ...
Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto to Host Third Installment of Wellness Week Retreat
Retreat to focus on yoga, mindfulness and pranayama, taught by acclaimed wellness expert (PRWeb March 18, 2015) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/03/prweb12591856.htm
The Tea Spot Expands Their Public Educational Talk Series with Tea and Yoga—Piquing the Interest of Many Seeking ...
Colorado-based tea company The Tea Spot is expanding their health and wellness mission to include an educational component. As a cancer survivor inspired by the power of tea's health benefits during recovery, CEO Maria Uspenski is now trying to educate the public on a topic of growing interest—the integrative health benefits of tea and yoga. (PRWeb February 26, 2015) Read the full story at http ...