Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Integrated Health Yoga Therapy: New Holistic Health Program Features Traditional Chinese Medicine
2:30 (GMT) - 28.11.2014
As part of Integrated Health Yoga Therapy’s new Holistic Health Consultant Certification Program IHYT will be running a 2 Day Oriental Medicine and Nutrition Training facilitated by new IHYT faculty member and Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner and educator Angela Warburton. (PRWeb November 28, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/11/prweb12359560.htm
Become a Registered Yoga Teacher in Kerala in January 2015
2:11 (GMT) - 20.11.2014
Rishikul Yogshala is proud to announce the commencement of 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training, approved by Yoga Alliance, USA in Kerala in 2015 (PRWeb November 20, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/11/prweb12331007.htm
Comment on What I’ve Learned about Yoga: One Mother’s Attempt to Find Her Toes by Catherine
9:46 (GMT) - 19.11.2014
Amber- You should come with me. That about sums up my capabilities, too. :)
D.C. community calendar, Nov. 13-20, 2014
23:37 (GMT) - 13.11.2014
Coat drive, canine heroes, jazz and bluegrass, ?Der Rosenkavalier,? home rule panel, reptiles, meditation.
Find 'reju-vacation' at ultimate yoga retreat in Mexico
23:15 (GMT) - 9.11.2014
A hop, skip and icy Corona from the Puerto Vallarta airport is the water taxi that takes me 45 minutes up the Bay of Banderas to Xinalani Retreat, the site of a week-long, 12-person reju-vacation.
Misinformed on yoga meditation
11:46 (GMT) - 7.11.2014
This refers to your report on the statement of Msgr. Jay Bandojo that the practice of yoga meditation opens a person to demonic possession (Front Page, 11/1/14). I am afraid that with his best intentions, he is perhaps misinformed about yoga meditation, a spiritual practice that is essentially similar to Christian mystical or contemplative practice.
Oprah & Deepak's 21-Day Meditation Experience Expands Reach Across Multiple Platforms Online and in Retail
16:04 (GMT) - 5.11.2014
Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra developed and launched the "Oprah and Deepak 21-Day Meditation Experience" Companion Mobile App.
Local Yoga center offers Wellness Weekend and free yoga class for Vets
12:35 (GMT) - 4.11.2014
All People Yoga Center announces its first “Wellness Weekend: Nourish Your Mind, Body, Spirit” on Fri., Nov. 7 through Sun., Nov. 9. On Sunday, At noon, in honor of Veterans’ Day, All People Yoga Center’s founder and former owner, Nancy Schalk,will offer “YES for Vets!,” a free class for all veterans, their families and care-givers.
Psychic Fair: Instructor emphasizes learning self-healing
20:05 (GMT) - 2.11.2014
MONTEREY >> Edward Francis Pio isn't your ordinary 82-year-old. He's a visionary, a seeker, a vibrant spirit and a teacher.
‘Yoga may be portal of entry for evil spirits’
17:00 (GMT) - 31.10.2014
Yoga enthusiasts beware.An exorcist priest said yoga is actually an invitation for evil spirits to attach to you."In yoga we are asked to 'empty our mind' so you can be relaxed, while you breathe... and sit on the floor," Fr. Jay Bandojo, exorcist of the Archdiocese of Manila, said in his talk on October 24 at the chapel of the Arsobispado de Manila in Intramuros."When you empty your mind you ...
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- Don't be afraid
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eighteen - Union
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eleven - Use
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fifteen - Masters
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fourteen - Mediums and Mediators
- The Simple Things
- The power of forgiveness
- 43 natural highs in life .. can you add more?
- Feeling Betrayed
- The Impersonal Life - Chapter Five - The Key
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Four - Consciousness, Intelligence, Will
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Nine - The Garden of Eden
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seven - The Word