Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Sponsored: The Philosophy-Workout That Could Change Your Life
15:01 (GMT) - 20.10.2014
Though Moreno was initially met with much resistance, today she boasts countless loyalists—among them the supermodel Iman, who's a vocal supporter, as well as Gabrielle Bernstein, previously profiled in this feature series.
Body, Mind, and Spirit
19:05 (GMT) - 19.10.2014
To most people, yoga is mysterious, and possibly hazardous. Raised to aim for heaven, not nirvana, people’s first thought is something like “Isn’t it the same as meditation and is it Buddhism or Hinduism?”And the second, “No, I won’t even try standing on my head.” Uniting the body, mind, and spirit is the basic idea, but yoga has metamorphosed in the West and reached our shores as something more ...
15:16 (GMT) - 17.10.2014
Meditation is offered three times daily at the World Community for Christian Meditation Neptune Beach Center located at 1112 Third St., Suite 9, Neptune Beach.
Bird of the Soul Book Part of Uplifting Experience at Girls, Inc.
12:42 (GMT) - 15.10.2014
Washington DC area volunteers share an uplifting experience at Girls Inc. DC with the Bird of the Soul book and program. Dahn Yoga Foundation has helped to make this book available by donation to community groups so that people of all ages could benefit from the book’s inspiring message and meditations. (PRWeb October 15, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/dahn-yoga ...
For cancer patients, an escape from stress
3:05 (GMT) - 14.10.2014
Fox Chase Cancer Center offers yoga and Reiki to patients fighting cancer. The post For cancer patients, an escape from stress appeared first on The Temple News .
Check Out These Army Figurines in Yoga Poses
17:05 (GMT) - 13.10.2014
Let G.I. Joe help you find your inner Zen
Veteran mental health program seeks funding to continue
15:07 (GMT) - 8.10.2014
UM student veterans are exploring a new method to treat mental health issues: Yoga.
Yoga For Warriors “Buy One, Give One” Campaign Brings Yoga Therapy to Veterans With PTSD
5:16 (GMT) - 7.10.2014
As Veterans Day draws near, the Give Back Yoga Foundation is inviting the public to support the long-term health and wellbeing of those who serve the U.S. through a “Buy One, Give One” campaign that will bring free copies of the newly released book Yoga For Warriors to veterans and military service members worldwide. (PRWeb October 07, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases ...
Tamaya Mist Spa Retreat Goes Below The Surface
13:11 (GMT) - 1.10.2014
Participants Journey Towards Self-Discovery (PRWeb October 01, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/10/prweb12208527.htm
Is yoga really about exercise?
18:24 (GMT) - 30.09.2014
US yoga practitioners insist it isn't primarily about fitness. But the definition can be flexible.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- Don't be afraid
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eighteen - Union
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Eleven - Use
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fifteen - Masters
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Fourteen - Mediums and Mediators
- The Simple Things
- The power of forgiveness
- 43 natural highs in life .. can you add more?
- Feeling Betrayed
- The Impersonal Life - Chapter Five - The Key
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Four - Consciousness, Intelligence, Will
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Nine - The Garden of Eden
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seven - The Word