Slow Down Therapy
1. Slow down. You are not responsible for doing it all yourself.
2. Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
3. Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, it's OK to tell them
4. Take nothing for granted: watch water flow, the corn grow, the leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
5. Taste your food. It is given to delight as well as to nourish.
6. Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
7. Quit planning how you are going to use what you know, learn, or possess.
The universe’s gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will be clear.
8. When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next. Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
9. Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little person inside you.
10. Create a place in your home at your work in your heart where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve it.
11. Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't a luxury; it's a necessity.
12. Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday, tomorrow, and now
13. Rest on your laurels. They bring comfort whatever their size, age, or
14. Talk slower. Talk less. Don't talk. Communication isn't measured by words.
15. Give yourself permission to be late sometimes. Life is for living, not scheduling.
16. Listen to the song of a bird; the complete song. Music and nature are gifts, but only if you are willing to receive them.
17. Take time just to think. Action is good and necessary, but it's fruitful only if we muse, ponder, and mull.
18. Make time for play--the things you like to do. Whatever your age, your inner child needs re-creation.
19. Watch and listen to the night sky. It speaks.
20. Listen to the words you speak, especially in prayer.
21. Learn to stand back and let others take their turn as leaders. There will always be new opportunities for you to step out in front again.
22. Divide big jobs into little jobs. If it took six days to create the universe, can you hope to do any better?
23. When you find yourself rushing and anxious, stop. Ask yourself "WHY?" you are rushing and anxious. The reasons may improve your self-understanding.
24. Take time to read the Bible. Thoughtful reading is enriching reading.
25. Direct your life with purposeful choices, not with speed and efficiency. The best musician is one who plays with statement and meaning, not the one who
26. Take a day off alone; make a retreat. You can learn from monks and hermits without becoming one.
27. Take time once a year for more than just a vacation; do something spiritual to renew you.
28. Work with your hands. It frees the mind.
29. Take time to wonder. Without wonder, life is merely existence.
30. Sit in the dark. It will teach you to see and hear, taste and smell.
31. Once in a while, turn down the lights, the volume, the throttle, the invitations. Less really can be more.
32. Let go. Nothing is usually the hardest thing to do--but often it is the best.
33. Take a walk--but don't go anywhere. If you walk just to get somewhere, you sacrifice the walking.
34. Count your friends. If you have one, you are lucky. If you have more, you are blessed. Bless them in return.
35. Count your blessings--one at a time and slowly
POSITIVE DAILY PRAYER: Dear God, please teach me how to slow down so that I may rediscover what is missing in my life.
POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATION: The fearless power of the spirit of God goes before me and makes easy the way.
POSITIVE QUOTE FOR TODAY: "It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to
accept anything but the best you very often get it."
|< Prev||Next >|
Costabaja Resort & Spa to Host HCG Boot Camp Fitness Retreat
Slim down and shape up quickly--and learn to stay that way--at this 5-star beachfront resort overlooking the sparkling Sea of Cortez, working side-by-side with fitness nutrition guru Colin F. Watson June ...
War, natural disasters, terrorism, airplanes falling from the sky, digital threats, killings, territorial conflict, climate change—there are a multitude of other things that push people on the edge. These factors contribute to why people get easily stressed nowadays. But can these same factors affect the positive Filipino spirit? Are we still smiling? ALIENATION The fact […]
Federal Eye: Warrior Pose — One way to help veterans with PTSD? Lots of yoga.
Yoga Heights in the Park View neighborhood in D.C. hosts a weekend-long training for yoga teachers who want to help veterans with PTSD.
Bali Guide: where to stay
Top accommodation picks to find the true spirit of the island
First-of-its-kind Atmasphere Yoga Lifestyle Studio Opening in Atlanta
Revolutionary yoga and fitness lifestyle studio, Atmasphere, will be largest, most unique concept in the industry, with holistic focus on body, mind and soul. (PRWeb April 03, 2015) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/04/prweb12627796.htm
Yoga instructor shares passion with community
Sessions for Yoga with Paula By request Paula does private yoga sessions, and offers a variety of yoga classes to appeal to a diverse audience. Classes are held at 2 p.m. Wednesdays and 7 p.m...
Ismael Cala will take part in the event Seduction of Spirit as a guest of Deepak Chopra
MIAMI, March 31, 2015 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Television host, inspirational author and lecturer Ismael Cala will take part in the event "Seduction of Spirit," together with Master Deepak Chopra, at the hotel Omni La Costa Resort & Spa ? Carlsbad, in San Diego, California (U.S.A.).The meditation and yoga retreat, with simultaneous interpretation into Spanish, will take place between ...
Celebrated Yoga Teachers and Influencers Adopt .yoga Domains
Minds + Machines has attracted a group of major yoga influencers to become pioneers of the newly launched .yoga top-level domain. Suzanne Bryant, Elena Brower, Ana Forrest, and Yoga Alliance will all be introducing new .yoga websites featuring the .yoga ending in the coming weeks, with Suzanne Bryant's YI.yoga and Elena Brower's teach.yoga already live.
Simple Book Reader
Reading nirvana for your iPad. Dozens of books to lift up the seeking soul. Collections chosen from the best philosophy, yoga, meditation,...
Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto to Host Third Installment of Wellness Week Retreat
Retreat to focus on yoga, mindfulness and pranayama, taught by acclaimed wellness expert (PRWeb March 18, 2015) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/03/prweb12591856.htm