I've started to get irritated by visas and passports and borders and all the claptrap that's associated with ego. It just doesn't seem right somehow that I can't just get in a car and drive to Mongolia and hang out for a while!
The ego controls. It controls us on a personal level, but it also controls us on a countrywde/global level. Things like... I'm white, I'm English, I'm American, I'm European or I support the yankees, I'm a Republican, are all ways ego uses to control us.
My Dad says He's allergic to ginger, it makes Him sick literally, but it never seems an issue when He's eating ginger snap cookies! That's another way ego controls us...
There's this whole conspiracy theory that the powers that be want to implant every Man, Woman and child with a microchip so that we can be constantly watched everywhere we go. To many that is a scary thought... that "they " want to control us. But every day, in everything we do, we are controlled by our own ego. It holds us back, sets limitations and uses mental "red tape" to define who we are and what we are supposed to do.
I personally would love to be permanently carrying around, in my body, everything every world organisation will ever need, so that I can get on whatever plane I fancy getting on and go wherever I feel like going.
One of the things I really notice about my yoga practice every now and again, is how it makes me feel inside. It feels incredibly liberating to not think of myself as English, or Irish, a Manchester united or Celtic football club fan. And I don't want to hold a passport that defines me as "British". Maybe that has a lot to do with living in a country where generations can justify a certain hatred towards Britain, but it's also because I see people as being all the same. Polish, Latvians, Slovaks, Indians, Americans, Germans... each country has it's own egoic personality traits, but each person is exactly the same! And I have a whole lot of sadness inside that we seperate from each other and put each other in different size groups and then try to control each of those groups
Why can't we just all get along people!!
visit me at yogitobye.com
|< Prev||Next >|
Improving diabetic’s quality of life
10:00 (GMT) - 23.11.2014
An increasing number of people with diabetes mellitus are turning to yoga in an effort to keep their condition under control and improve their quality of life. It is well known that regular practice of yoga can help reduce levels of stress, enhance mobility and lower blood pressure. These benefits improve diabetes management and protect against other medical conditions such as heart disease.
Yoga mat stretches international interest
17:39 (GMT) - 22.11.2014
LADY Gaga has two and RJ Mitte of Breaking Bad has one.
Yoga Pro 3 review: Broadwell is a mixed blessing
10:12 (GMT) - 22.11.2014
The design is ever more exotic, but the performance is worse.
India eyes profit in yoga's soft power
1:52 (GMT) - 22.11.2014
The business potential of the globally popular ancient practice makes the newly created ministry easier to justify.
Naked, rave and 'voga': Have we stretched the meaning of yoga too far?
8:16 (GMT) - 20.11.2014
Yoga has become a 21st century global phenomenon. But with branches including 'broga' and 'rave', have we lost its meaning and turned it into a capitalist gimmick? Bhanu Bhatnagar explains all
- Meet Jaysea DeVoe, One of the Youngest Yoga Teachers in the United States 23:00 (GMT) - 19.11.2014
Curb klutziness with these yoga poses
16:58 (GMT) - 17.11.2014
Do you trip over your own feet? Bump into things? Break nails and jam fingers by overreaching?
7 Ways Yoga Can Help You Age With Grace
8:54 (GMT) - 11.11.2014
There is no avoiding aging -- it's one thing that's certain. Yet, out of fear of the inevitable, we often neglect to take logical steps to prepare for the future.
CorePower Yoga Offers Introductory Yoga Membership Rate for Henderson Studio Opening, Dallas
12:43 (GMT) - 10.11.2014
CorePower Yoga, America's largest yoga brand is celebrating the opening of their Henderson Studio with an invitation to become a Founding Black Tag Member.CorePower Yoga Henderson will offer a variety ...
How Yoga Helps to Keep Your Brain Healthy
6:29 (GMT) - 9.11.2014
Those sun salutations are good for more than a strong core and flexibility. They may give you a sunny disposition, too
CorePower Yoga Opens 110th Studio on Fremont Street in San Francisco
17:37 (GMT) - 6.11.2014
CorePower Yoga, America's largest yoga brand will open its fourth studio in the San Francisco Bay Area on Friday, November 7, 2014.Located in the progressive SoMa district, the Fremont Street Studio offers ...
The Progeny of Burning Man
23:00 (GMT) - 24.09.2014
Transformational festivals emerge as a petri dish for art and culture in America.
- B. K. S. Iyengar, Who Helped Bring Yoga to the West, Dies at 95 23:00 (GMT) - 20.08.2014
What Is So Special About Iyengar Yoga?
17:12 (GMT) - 20.08.2014
This week the international yoga community said goodbye to B.K.S. Iyengar, a favorite teacher credited with bringing yoga to the Western world. One of his students, Carrie Owerko, a New York yoga teacher, talked about what makes Iyengar yoga so...
- I Tried to Work Out Like a Pro Wrestler and Failed 11:15 (GMT) - 19.08.2014
- The Rise of Beefcake Yoga 23:00 (GMT) - 16.08.2014
- Ask Well: Does Yoga Build Strength? 23:01 (GMT) - 7.08.2014
- Unplugging in the Unofficial Capital of Yoga 23:00 (GMT) - 21.06.2014
A Reporter Unplugs and Still Finds Connection
15:50 (GMT) - 19.06.2014
Mary Pilon, a sports reporter for The Times, spent three weeks in Russia covering the Olympics in Sochi earlier this year. After the games, she spent a vacation in Rishikesh, India, and wrote about it for the Travel section.
- Bending the Rules to Offer Yoga With a Beer Chaser 23:00 (GMT) - 11.06.2014
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- Watch where you're going!
- 'Here and Now' ~with Yogi Tobye: Embracing the present moment
- A hard day's yoga
- It's all inside and always has been!
- Yoga and weight loss.
- Taking refuge in yoga.
- “Here and Now” with Yogi Tobye: Yoga for sensory issues
- A Special Interview with Jeffrey Smith By Dr. Mercola
- A Valentines day message.
- A house divided can not stand.
- Get bendy, stay safe!
- The middle way.
- Who is 'Avatar'
- Beneath the Surface
- Breath of the bumble bee.